Why Should Kids Ballroom Dance?
Much like swimming and riding a bike, kids should learn how to ballroom dance at a young age. It is one of the skills that can’t be forgotten and can be used all throughout one’s life. There are many proven benefits that are associated with children taking ballroom dance lessons.
Our ballroom dancing lessons for kids isn’t just about dancing. It is much more than that. Ballroom dancing is an excellent resource for children to overcome their shyness and social awkwardness. Your child will develop improved self-confidence and communication skills. With ballroom dancing, your child will be taught honor, respect and discipline.
We will break down the benefits of your child taking ballroom dance classes:
- Ballroom dancing is considered a vast physical activity. Children who take regularly attend ballroom dance classes should expect to see an overall improvement in their general health.
- Ballroom dance lessons can be a great alternative to team sports. No concussions have occurred from doing the waltz and foxtrot.
- There are many misconceptions that males would not develop any physical strength or attributes from ballroom dancing. On the contrary, it has been proven that ballroom dancing helps boys develop endurance, speed, focus, discipline, and dexterity.
- Through ballroom dancing, we can help your child increase their flexibility, range of motion, and stamina. The repetitive motion and movements associated with dancing improves muscle tone, straightens posture, also increases balance and coordination.
- Better relationships with the opposite gender.
- Develops a greater sense of trust and cooperation.
- Alleviates fears related to performing in front of an audience.
- Teaches proper etiquette.
- Confidence boosted
- Mental stimulation
- Those who take dance lessons tend to perform better academically, scoring higher SAT scores, and do better in science and math competitions.
- Greater positive attitude
- Allows to explore their own creative self-expression
If you would like more information on signing your child up for our Kids Ballroom Dance Program. Call or email us today.